Sunday, March 04, 2007

Checking In

I thought I should post at least a little something this week, lest you all think I've gone and had the baby or was in some sort of chocolate-peanut butter induced coma. No baby yet, and I've given up my precious chocolate for Lent, so they'll be none of that for a while. (My preeeccciousssss!!)

I am 35 weeks along, and so far, so good. Baby is head down, or at least this was the consensus between at least two of the midwives I see, and since I can feel and see the little heels of the wee one scraping along the inner wall of the topmost portion of my belly (yes, it's just like those Alien movie, just not as scary) I know that they most likely speak the truth. I am walking like I've got an anvil hanging from a rope tied 'round my waist, swinging between my legs, and that's kind of what it feels like. I am intermittently happy and grumpy, both bursting with excitement to meet this child and still wishing I had another 5 months to prepare for her arrival.

Ernesto and I are placing bets on baby's arrival. Haven't agreed on a prize yet, but I think it should be something good. He's guessing March 25th and I'm guessing the 30th. Mostly because if I go into April and still haven't had her I will have gone completely insane and no one will be getting a prize anyway. Of course I am not due until April 6th, so this is all wishful thinking on both our parts. With David I went 5 days past my due date and with Sofia it was 2 days prior. So who knows?

We're still working on a girl's middle name, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! My friend Alyssa has recommended the name Alyssa. It certainly is much better than Deefer.

My apologies to anyone named Deefer.

<< Home

11 Comments:

Post a Comment