Monday, January 15, 2007

Firsts

I guess I'm not too old to learn new tricks. Just a few things that I did this weekend that I'd never done before:

*Had an overnight date with my husband without the kids.
*Sang Benatar's Heartbreaker to a room full of people, most of whom I did not know. And I hadn't even been drinking.
*Drove a minivan for the first time.
*Purchased a minivan for the first time.
*Had a dream in which Willem Dafoe was my housemate. Still trying to figure out that one.
*Spent a Saturday in which I neglected to lift a finger in my kitchen all day, despite the annoying mess. Probably the most liberating thing I've done in a great while.
*Sat down with a half-empty tub of a half-gallon of peanut butter chocolate ice cream and DID NOT consume the entire contents. A first indeed.

<< Home

12 Comments:

Post a Comment