Thursday, October 12, 2006

Kids Say The Darndest Things (That Make You All Weepy)

Tonight as I'm trying to get the kids settled in for bed, they're scurrying around the bedroom, as I'm picking up odds and ends from the floor so no one trips over anything on their way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I've asked both kids to pick a bedtime story. No one is listening. It's been a long day. I'm tired. I've got nothing left in me. I'm thinking about heading into to bed myself, shortly after I get them down.

I sigh heavily, audibly.

David, who always knows what I'm thinking says, "Mommy, is it tough taking care of two kids?"

I nod and smile, weakly. "Yes, David it is. Some days it feels like a lot of work."

He furrows his brow, pokes at his upper lip.

"And it's going to be even harder when you have three to take care of. Right?"

I'm sighing a little inside now, but still smiling. The baby suddenly feels heavy within. "Yes, I'm sure it will be."

He smiles brightly back at me, big brown eyes gleaming. "But then you'll have even more love."

I give him a tight squeeze. My eyes are gleaming now, too. "That's right, honey."

Love is all you need, baby. Love is all you need.

<< Home

8 Comments:

Post a Comment