Saturday, September 23, 2006

We Got The Beat

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time on Friday. Just the one heartbeat, thank you very much, all the family that has been teasing me about twins. Twins do run on both sides of our family and we've all kind of been wondering when they might turn up again. Not that I wouldn't consider that a huge blessing, because I'm sure I would, once the initial shock wore off three years later.

It took more than a few minutes for my midwife to find it, but once she did it was loud, fast and unmistakable. Though I never for a second doubted there was a baby in there, there is something very grounding about hearing that sound. It really brings you into the reality and the hugeness of that life you are carrying, but still don't yet know. I'm looking forward to getting to finally meet the little dickens. But in the meantime I'm enjoying eating well and napping, whenever I can.

And we're still working out names. Usually by now Ernesto and I have come to some agreement, but we're still a bit up in the air right now. The kids' favorites so far are Biff for a boy and Shu-Shu for a girl. Unfortunately for them their vote doesn't count.

<< Home

5 Comments:

Post a Comment