Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Time Flies

I cannot believe how quickly time passes. Not only now that I am older, but now that I've got three little ones to watch over, it's as though the days pass on like hours. Isobel is nearing the two-month mark and growing like my lawn after a week of rain. Sofia turned three this past weekend and she's no longer a baby or toddler. Oftentimes she's more like three going on 16. David is learning to read and is now a young meteorologist, announcing when he thinks a high pressure system is likely to move in and identifying stratus clouds out on our evening walks. I can't keep up with all the changes even though I am always with them. They must be changing in their sleep.

I had my last midwife checkup and I'm all set to have another baby. Kidding. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention. No, we won't go down that road just yet, and maybe not ever. Just like the kids, E and I are getting older and if you were to guess my age just by listening to my knees crackle when I bend them, you'd be off by about ten years.

The kids do help to keep me young, though, so for that I'm grateful. I'm thinking of taking up running again. I mean jogging. Well, I mean really fast walking in which I occasionally jog a little. I may only get as far as the ice cream place down the street, but hey, it's a start.

I've got many stories to share, but they will have to wait until I've a little more time to blog. Isobel is often awake at night when I would normally sit down to write and she's too entertaining to ignore, so for now I'm hanging with her. Right now I'm enjoying an unusual spell where she is actually sleeping in her car seat. This is something she did often the first couple weeks after she was born. It was a trick to make me think she was an "easy" baby. Silly me. Like any baby, she prefers to be held, so we do a lot of that. And I don't mind a bit because as I watch my older two I know that in a blink she too will be riding her bike down the street in front of me calling, "Look at me, mommy! Look at me!", and I will have to jog to keep up with her, my knees crackling all the way.

<< Home

7 Comments:

Post a Comment