Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Before The Fall


Candy Land
Originally uploaded by Ernesto and Kristen Burden.
A couple weeks ago the kids and I made this gingerbread house, from a kit, of course, as I am no Martha Stewart. It was very easy to do and David and Sofia especially enjoyed sampling the various ornamental candies. I can see now why they don't include chocolate and caramel type treats with these kits because it just wouldn't ever get made. Even the kids can only eat so many gumdrops before they say, "okay, I've had enough of these." Sofia did enjoy the icing, though, and I caught her aiming the pastry bag directly into her mouth a few times.

I should mention this is the "before" picture of the gingerbread house. It has since met with a few natural disasters, like landslides and while the foundation seems sound, we have lost a good deal of the gumball roofing tiles to what appeared to be tornado-like winds. Or at least that is what I've been told. And while Mr. Gingerbread Man did survive the storm, he seems to be missing an appendage or two. And someone swiped his candy cane, so I'm not sure how he's going to get around. We'll start some kind of fund.

<< Home

4 Comments:

Post a Comment