Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Kids Need To Watch More HGTV


I recently saw a few episodes from the show Design Star through the On Demand feature on my cable. I don't actually get HGTV anymore, since we are opting for the most basic cable plan, but I do get the On Demand feature which allows me to view some of the shows. They recently aired the whole DS series which is more or less American Idol for interior decorators who want their own HGTV show. I'm a sucker for this kind of thing and I watched the series in bits and pieces and they had one episode in which all the designers had to decorate a blank space using materials from random stores, like a pet or an automotive supplier. They came up with some wild designs, and I was reminded somewhat of that episode when I saw how my two children worked together to redecorate the look of the bathroom. I was cleaning up around the house when I heard them working well together on something involving "stickers". I didn't go try and interrupt them because they sounded like they were having a lot of fun and they were being so quiet. Suddenly I thought, "Oh, they're being really quiet." Unless they're sleeping, that's not usually a good thing.

They used their own "found objects" to creatively transform the space. What they found were the stickers I use to track my fertility (guess I don't need those anymore!) and had a little field day with them. I liked it so much I didn't peel them off for almost a week. Okay, that's not true, I just didn't want to sit for twenty minutes and peel each one off. Sofia helped me with it today and then I found the ones they'd put on the radiator in the living room. I'm wondering where else they may turn up.

<< Home

6 Comments:

Post a Comment