Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Deliver Me From Six Flags

Who wants to spend over a hundred dollars for six hours of ho-humish-ness on their day off?

Who wants to be hot, sweaty and stinky, surrounded by 2000 other people who are all hot, sweaty and stinky?

Who wants to push a stroller around for an hour trying to get your child to nap while regressive teenagers hurl footballs and obscenities through the air as you stroll by?

Who wants to pay $20 for a quart of water?

Who wants to wait in line for an hour in the rain to go on a raft ride (in the rain) that lasts one minute?

Who wants to walk a mile to get out of the park, only to stand in torrential rains with thunder and lightning, while people scream as if they were under attack by aliens?

What's that? YOU do? Well Six Flags is the place for you my friend!!

Now, it wasn't all bad. We got to have a great visit with our family and my nephews and the kids all had a great time regardless. Well, except for the standing in the pouring rain bit. But you know these things always seem like a good idea at the time. And they do have a lot of kiddie rides, but if it weren't for the fact our youngest children are particularly tall for their ages, (the minimal height requirement for any ride is 36") they wouldn't have been able to ride anything at all. I think a discount should also be in order for parents of small children who aren't going to be able to go on anything all day anyway, because they spend the day trying to get their own kids off and on rides. Okay, that's not entirely true. I got to go on the "Crazy School Bus" ride with the kids, who thought it was great. I thought I was going to hurl and frankly I'm surprised I didn't.

My favorite part of the day was watching kids "sweep up" in the Paul Bunyan lumber yard. It's like this tree house with ladders, slides and bridges and there's all this sawdust everywhere and brooms so the kids can sweep it up. And they do!! I was shocked when I saw David pick one up and go to work. You mean all I have to do is stop doing housework until the dust is an inch thick and the kids will just clean it up? Sweet!

But it was a nice way to wrap up summer. After we dried off the kids and strapped them into the minivan, we relaxed, had some snacks, and were even able to laugh about the day during the ride back to the house. Oh, and I got to sit next to two four year old boys who found more than a dozen ways to use the word "poop" in a sentence.

Good times. Good times.

<< Home

4 Comments:

Post a Comment