Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A quick run through February

It seemed like only a few days since my last post, but clearly time has gotten away from me yet again. This shortest month (which is longer than usual thanks to the leap year) is actually going by rather quickly. I mean, March is actually within sight! Let's not kid ourselves that spring will arrive next month because that has just never, ever happened. Not in this neck of the woods, anyway. Still, it's on its way, slowly but surely.

So to catch you all up to speed I've been busy with a 5 year old who has just discovered comic books (oh yay! Another thing to collect!), a 3 year old who has already mastered the art of shooting "dirty looks" at her mother when she is displeased and a 10 month old who is now a full-on walker, officially a "toddler", really, who also likes to collect socks and eat paper.

When I'm not busy with them, I'm escaping to the gym to run, but not quite as far as this guy. I guess I am officially married to an athlete. I don't know how anyone is able to smile after running that far. It would be all I could do not to puke on my shoes. Oh and yes, the kids and I are VERY proud of him!

And of course, since life isn't crazy enough, I have yet again given up chocolate for Lent. Those who know me, know this is indeed a sacrifice. But then come Easter I will gorge myself silly on peanut butter cups and will again return to my old, sweet self. And no doubt I will need to add an additional 12 miles a week to my routine to make up for all the chocolate. It will be soooo worth it.

<< Home

1 Comments:

Post a Comment