Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Belated Christmas!


Isobel Opens Her Stocking
Originally uploaded by Ernesto and Kristen Burden.

Yes, I've been stuck in the time warp that is the Christmas season...preparing for the big day, traveling, cleaning up the aftermath of the big day, dismantling the Christmas decorations and so on and so forth...

Well, the house is finally clean, things are mostly put away and the children are enjoying more than enough toys and books, puzzles and games and all things good. They have played quietly together for more hours than I could have ever dreamed. We're all getting a break from school but as ever, still learning.

This Christmas was really nice. I was very anxious during the days leading up to it, as I usually am, and then a couple days prior this calm overtook me and I felt great. I enjoyed visiting with family and friends and relaxed. And I am more than ever convinced now that a phony Christmas tree might be the way to go. I would be breaking with a long held tradition of a fresh fir or other evergreen each year, but heck, even my own mother has a pre-lit, store bought beauty that honestly, is pretty darn spectacular looking. So I'm not a purist. Who knew. It's just that I'm still sweeping up needles from last year's tree and that's not for lack of sweeping on my part.

Anyway, here is a pic from Isobel's first Christmas ever. I think she had herself a merry old time.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

<< Home

3 Comments:

Post a Comment