Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Guy Who Says "NO!!!"

He just did it again. And I think I have finally figured it out.

I blog mostly at night now, and while I'm sitting here in the office, I have the sounds of the street outside my open window setting the "mood". I hear the sounds of cars passing, distant motorcycles, the occasional firecracker (it's almost August people, come on), the jingle from the tags of a dog's collar as its being walked in front of the house...and then there's the guy who every once in a while shouts out, "No! NO! NOOOOOO!!!"

I'm not sure where exactly it's coming from. The first time I heard it I stopped typing to listen, but it was quiet, so I started back up again. A few minutes later, he did it again. At first it sounded like he was scolding someone, but I didn't hear a second voice responding.

The next time I heard it, he sounded kind of excited. "NOOOOO!!!" I was getting nervous, waiting to see if I'd have to dial 911 in response to some violent outbreak and then I thought, what have we done, moving here?...it seemed like such a nice neighborhood. Then it stopped. No crashing sounds, no raging. I was relieved, but perplexed.

And then tonight I heard it again, just a few minutes ago. It started in low, then it started to grow, (again with the Seuss) "no. no. NO! NOOOOOO!!!" and then a dismayed, "Uggghhhhh." And then it hit me.

He must be watching the Red Sox.

<< Home

3 Comments:

Post a Comment