Thursday, July 13, 2006

Nature or Nurture?

My mom was out visiting these last two days and she was playing with the kids while I got dressed for the day. I came out to the mudroom where the three of them were gathered and she told me they had been "cleaning up" and that Sofia had been using her wooden horse's mane as a broom and sweeping the floor with it.

"She even moved the chair and swept up behind it! She must have been copying what you do when you clean," my mom told me.

I think for a moment.

"Hmmm...No, probably not, " I say.
"Oh, sure, she's seen you do that before," my mom insists.
I shake my head. "Nope, don't think so."

So when you come to call, please don't look behind my chairs or couches. Unless my daughter has been cleaning, that is.

<< Home

3 Comments:

Post a Comment