Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You Spin Me Right 'Round, Baby, Right 'Round...

This morning the kids took turns spinning me around in the big office chair and it's been more than a half hour since they did and I still feel sick. Years ago this would not have bothered me in the least, but now I can't handle it for even a minute. I can't even sit on the swings at playgrounds anymore because I feel like I'm gonna yak. I don't know when this happened because as a child I could ride the local theme park's rickety, wooden roller coaster 12 times in a row and not feel anything but exhilaration. Now my one-year old pushes me around at a rate of maybe 1 mile per hour and I turn three shades of green. I guess it's my body's way of saying, "You're going to hurt yourself, lady! Slow the heck down!!!"

I'm feeling so very old...

<< Home

7 Comments:

Post a Comment