Saturday, September 10, 2005

Good Stone Walls Make Good Motorists?

There is a lot that needs to be done around the old manse, but I'm thinking there are two projects that can no longer wait. One would take probably quite a bit of money, which we don't currently have and the other, not much money and not too much time.

So here's my dilemma. People keep driving really fast up our street. Not everyone, just a select few dopes. Don't mean to be judgmental, but they're dopes. There's just no getting around it. We had a sign up that said "Children At Play" for a while but someone drove over it. But not before taking out the snowman that David and I had built on the front yard, first. As a mother, this both infuriates and frightens me. We've had tire marks on our lawn, our mailbox has been knocked over twice, once by accident- once entirely on purpose. So I'm thinking a BIG ROCK WALL would look really nice. Not so that people will crash into it and die (I've done the math and the most that could happen, considering the pitch and curve of the road, is that someone will ruin the paint job on the passenger side of their car, dare they come too close) Now, I don't want to keep people out, so much as cars out of our yard. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Okay, the other thing we could really use is a dishwasher. The old palace didn't come equipped and even when we moved in I thought foolishly, awww, who needs it? I mean, how many dishes do I really do every day. Well, a lot. A whole bunch. A motherload. I am here just about all day, every day and my kids eat all day, every day, so maybe a dishwasher (other than yours truly) would be a good thing. It would save me time and effort and help keep the kitchen looking clean, which I find relaxing. But then I'll still be worried about the front yard. I can't even let my kids play out there without being right on top of them.

So what's a girl to do? Safe yard, or soft hands? Expensive, labor intensive stone wall or relatively cheap dishwasher? What would you do?

<< Home

3 Comments:

Post a Comment