Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Long Time, No Blog

That's the longest I've gone without posting in a while. Well, much has happened, or will happen rather and I guess I'm conserving my strength for our move back to New Hampshire. That's right, no more hill-top house in Vermont for us. No more deer in the yard. No more real maple syrup at EVERY store. I for one will miss the green mountain state and our cozy little home, but I can't begin to express how happy I am to return to New Hampshire, which is where my heart still is. Gotta love a state whose motto is "Live Free Or Die", which is sometimes confused with "Live, Freeze, Then Die". Well, it just feels like that in the winter. But just in February. Oh, the dark month of February. I have to remember to spend the majority of it in Florida, at my mother-in-law's...I hope she won't mind.

So we're selling our house, will soon begin to look for a new one in NH. Going to spend a few months at my mom's in Massachusetts in the meantime and I just can't wait. This will be the first holiday season in years where we won't have to travel anywhere, except downstairs to my mom's cozy kitchen for a cup of coffee, or to the living room to snuggle up in front of the fireplace. Which reminds me, got to find a house with a fireplace.

Anyway, I have so much to write about, almost too much and I guess that's why I haven't. Not sure where to begin or how to end. So I guess for now I'll just have to think up a new name for my new NH blog and daydream about our new place. I'm still here, a least for a little while longer, but in my mind I'm already gone. I think I feel a James Taylor song coming on...

<< Home

8 Comments:

Post a Comment