Monday, June 20, 2005

New theme...well, sort of

I've changed the theme of my blog because I was finding the "attachment parenting" perspective a bit restrictive, in terms of what I found myself wanting to write about. Though I still consider myself a big fan of the attachment-style of parenting and work it into my daily life with Sofia and David, I'm not all that interested in writing about it. I think perhaps I find it more interesting to talk about. For instance if someone asks me, "why do you let your kids sleep with you in your bed? You still nursing your kids?" I'm happy to explain why and I don't get worked up about it like I used to-when I was still new at it and defensive, wondering if what Ernesto and I was doing was right. I'm pretty much at peace with all of our parenting decisions and though there are always are new struggles popping up, I'm confident that our hearts and instincts continually lead us in the right direction. So I'm sure I'm bound to comment here and there on AP topics that come up, but I think I'll find myself blogging more if I can write about what is part of my everyday life and what many others out there can relate with: the role of the stay-at-home parent.

I want to be sure to include fathers in the mix, because there are plenty out there (and more and more each year) that find themselves as the primary caregiver of their children. My brother-in-law Ed is a stay at home Dad and a darn good one at that. You can tell when you meet his kids. They're great.


So now that I'm no longer constrained by my main topic, I will just be blogging all the time...blog, blog, blog, blog, blog.

Blog.

And now for something completely different...

<< Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment