Monday, April 07, 2008

A very good year

So I'm a week late in posting this (big surprise) and I don't even have any pictures to share because we *gasp* lost our camera a couple weeks back. How can that be, you ask? Because I must be the most organized person in the world, how could I have possibly misplaced an important item like that? Yes, well I've also been known to misplace a birth certificate or two so you can really only expect so much from me. I'm busy and very distracted most of the time. Speaking of being distracted...

...so what I wanted to mention is that my littlest screamer is now a one year old girl, as of the first of April. Like her older siblings, she wanted nothing to do with her birthday cake and acted as if we'd fed her dirt. Not clean sand or anything, because babies love to eat sand. No, just regular dirt. Dirt cake, if you will. Anyway, it was a happy celebration and I could not be more proud of my little girl. I give myself a little pat on the back, too, for helping her to get to this point. It's been a busy, but extremely good year.

And speaking of being busy, I haven't made much in the way of time for blogging. I have a new passion; running. I'm getting out whenever I can and logging more miles every week. I am easily in the best shape of my adult life and my stress levels are way down. I have stinky running shoes, but I think the benefits outweigh the negatives in this case.

So I've written several posts in my head, they just haven't made it all the way to the keyboard. Funny thing about running- it actually makes you go to bed at a reasonable hour. I seem to be following in my father's footsteps who also had difficulty making it through an evening tv show or movie without falling asleep. I actually spilled a glass of wine on myself in mid-doze a few weeks back. I guess Ernesto would have taken it out of my hand if he'd seen me nodding off...or would he? Hmm. I should go have a talk with him...

So all in all, it's been a good year. The kids are thriving, we all survived another New England winter and there are crocuses, daffodils and tulips coming up all over the yard. What more could I ask for? Maybe I will even find my camera somewhere in one of these melting "yard" bergs. Do I dare to dream?

<< Home

5 Comments:

Post a Comment